We are looking to appoint Communication Support Worker to support hearing impaired students within the College.
You will have experience of working with hearing impaired students, enabling them to access the curriculum in the following ways:
- Working in 1:1 or in small groups with students to provide signing support in order to interpret teacher’s speaking in class;
- Provide clear signing for classroom discussions;
- Ensuring the student’s comments are relayed where needed;
- Providing note-taking support when the opportunity arises;
- Liaising with Lecturer and course manager on behalf of the student.
You will need to be British Sign Language (BSL) NVQ qualified to Level 3 or above, have experience of working with learners with learning difficulties and be able to meet their particular needs and requirements.
You will also need to have a minimum of GCSE Grade C in Maths and English as you will need to act as a note taker for the learner as required.
Core Benefits include:
Local Government Pension Scheme
Generous Holiday Entitlement
10% discount on College courses
Free on-site parking On-site Gym
The College is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff to share this commitment.
Please note that all successful applicants will be required to undergo an enhanced background check conducted by the Disclosure & Barring Service prior to employment commencing.
Please complete the attached Application Form and submit to email@example.com to be considered.