The role is to support learners who have additional learning support needs; including those with a diagnosed SEND need and EHCP’s.
The post holder will work within the Additional Learning Support Team and report directly to the Additional Learning Support (ALS) Team Leader. The post holder will work collaboratively with learners, their families, schools, colleagues and external agencies to assess and be responsible for carrying out specialist exam access arrangements to ensure learners who require it, have the appropriate concessions during any examinations taken during their programme of study.
You will have the following skills and experience;
- A sound knowledge of SEND and an understanding of related issues.
- Be able to display good communication skills, both written and verbal, empathy and flexibility to meet the needs of a variety of learners.
- Be aware of the SEND Code of Practice and the duties on mainstream FE providers, along with a strong understanding of the JCQ exam regulations in relation to exam access arrangements.
- Able to work collaboratively with the wider Learner Support Team members, as well as the exams team, curriculum and support staff, and other internal and external professionals as appropriate.
- Have qualifications in English and Maths at Level 2 (GCSE or equivalent) a specialist SEND qualification.
- A Certificate in Psychometric Testing, Assessment and Access Arrangements (CPT3A, or equivalent to ensure you are able to meet the JCQ requirements).
- A postgraduate course in individual specialist assessment at or equivalent to Level 7.
- Be able to work with respect, sensitivity and confidentiality.
There are too many benefits to working at Moulton College to include them all. Aside from the location (Moulton is located in the heart of the Northamptonshire countryside covering over 450 hectares, with a further 170 hectares rented as grazing for our livestock), Moulton College boasts a dedicated, skilled and experienced staff team and an aspirational student body. As a valued employee at Moulton College you will have access to:
- 33 days annual leave, including public bank holidays **
- A maximum of 5 College closure days **
- High Street Discounts scheme with access to discounts at a host of retailers
- Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme with an employer contribution of 23.8%)
- Commitment to Continuing Professional Development of Moulton College employees
- Access to 24/7 Support Line for employees and close family household members
- A focused and committed Wellbeing group at the forefront of positive initiatives
- Healthcare cash plan (subject to conditions)
- On site gym
- Discounted nursery fees
- Free onsite parking
- Cycle to work scheme (subject to conditions)
- Eye care vouchers
- Online Payslips
(** = pro rata for part time)
We help new employees settle in through central College induction events and local induction activities. We also provide a range of essential information through our online learning packages. These cover various topics including Equality, Safeguarding, Health & Safety at Work, to name a few.
Applications may be reviewed and shortlisted upon receipt. Please apply early to avoid disappointment.
The College is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff to share this commitment.
Please note that, in line with current legislation, an online search will be undertaken as part of the due diligence on shortlisted candidates to prevent (or minimise the risk of) individuals being employed to work with young people who may be unsuitable to do so. Any specific concerns regarding any incidents or issues that have happened, and are publicly available online, may then be discussed during the interview stage with the candidate.
All successful applicants will be required to undergo a range of checks in line with Keeping Children Safe In Education, including an enhanced background check conducted by the Disclosure & Barring Service prior to employment commencing.
To apply for this role, please download the college application form, complete and return via email to email@example.com; these are located on the College website at https://www.moulton.ac.uk/work...; Alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application pack.
CV’s will not be considered.