Moulton is a land-based College based in rural Northamptonshire, we offer impressive new facilities, on-site commercial enterprise and a range of FE and HE courses.
We are seeking to appoint a full time Lecturer to teach Sport Studies to our Further Education Students.
- Be Educated to BSc Level or equivalent in a Sport related subject
- Hold or be willing to work towards and achieve a Diploma in Teaching and Learning (Certificate in Education) or equivalent
- Have experience of working within the Sports industry
For the full requirements of the role, please see the Job Description and Person Specification attached.
The exceptional facilities offered at Moulton College fully embrace the growth in demand for sports courses. These superb facilities include a full size basketball court, four badminton courts and a volleyball court as well as a dance studio, sports science lab and fitness suite to allow a greater variety of practical subjects to be studied.
Duties will include:
- Teaching and training students and other client groups to quality standards set by the College
- Assessment of student work
- Development of Sport Studies courses
- Counselling students and maintaining discipline
- Participating in the recruitment of students, including the attendance at Shows and Careers Conventions
- Participating in internal verification, auditing and other quality monitoring processes to ensure that all learners, customers and clients receive exemplary service and attention at all times
Do you have:
- A BSc Level or equivalent in a Sport related Subject?
- A Diploma in Teaching and Learning (Certificate in Education) or equivalent or willing to work towards?
- A minimum of grade C in GCSE Maths and English Language (or equivalent)?
- Commitment to and evidence of CPD?
Do you have the essential requirements above?
Are you willing to operate flexibly, have an experience within and an up to date knowledge of the Sports industry, the ability to present information effectively and motivate students in order to improve student satisfaction?
If so we welcome an application from you.
Please view the Job Description and Person Specification attached for the full requirements of the role.
There are too many benefits to working at Moulton College to include them all. Aside from the location (Moulton is located in the heart of the Northamptonshire countryside covering over 450 hectares, with a further 170 hectares rented as grazing for our livestock), Moulton College boasts a dedicated, skilled and experienced staff team and an aspirational student body. As a valued employee at Moulton College you will have access to:
- Teachers' Pension Scheme
- High street discounts
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Healthcare cash plan
- On site gym
- Discounted nursery fees
- Free onsite parking
The College is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff to share this commitment.
Please note that all successful applicants will be required to undergo an enhanced background check conducted by the Disclosure & Barring Service prior to employment commencing.
To apply for this role please complete a College application form, these are located at the bottom of this advert or on Moulton’s vacancies page. CV’s will not be considered. Alternatively please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.