We are looking to recruit a Residential Experience Officer that will be responsible for promoting a sense of community within College accommodation through social, education and individual services.
You will ensure that students have the opportunity to succeed in their studies, fully participate in a range of extracurricular activities and develop their physical and mental health.
Other responsibilities include:
- Providing on-call support for duty wardens and work as part of the warden rota where necessary.
- To stimulate, plan, encourage and supervise social, sporting, volunteering and other leisure or community based activities at the College and off site.
- To maintain acceptable standards of student behaviour, especially outside the normal timetabled day and in particular during the evening and at weekends.
- To inspect student bedrooms and social areas, report damages ensuring that rooms are kept in a tidy state.
- Assisting the Student Support Manager and Residential Coordinator with the preparation for OFSTED inspections of residential provision for under 18s
- To produce reports required by the College Management and ensure all administrative procedures are completed effectively, including those tasks associated with the allocation of residential places.
You will need to have outstanding communication skills and a sensitive and caring approach with the ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality. Experience of working with Young Adults within a residential environment is desirable as is experience of working in a Higher Education/Further Education environment.
A UK Driving License is a must as the ability to drive a minibus or commitment to undertake training is necessary.
Working for Moulton College attracts a range of benefits including:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- High street discounts
- Generous holiday entitlement
- On site gym
- Free onsite parking
The College is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff to share this commitment.
Please note that all successful applicants will be required to undergo an enhanced background check prior to employment commencing.
To make an application for this role please complete the College application form attached and email email@example.com along with your CV.