Moulton College are seeking a passionate and dedicated Specialist Learning Support Assistant to help support students with High Needs in the School of Learning Support.
- The provision of high quality focussed learner support through improving study skills whilst accurately reporting on progress. This will include 1to1 learner support, keeping support log books, maintaining support logs in line with EHC Plans and SEND reforms in ensuring high standards in attendance, retention and in providing effective support intervention in supporting learners at risk. In addition to designated caseload in monitoring, supporting review process for learners with EHC Plans.
- The provision of 1:1 support for priority students ensuring they are retained on programmes and achieve success.
- The delivery of a range of learning activities under the direction of a Learning Support Tutor.
- The coaching and mentoring of new entrant Learning Support Assistants.
- Assisting with the identification of learning support needs with new learners.
Experience within a similar role is vital as is a formal qualification/training or interest in Asperger’s, Autism, ADHD/DB
Additional requirements are experience of working with confidential information and knowledge of how to keep information safe, Experience of working with young people with physical difficulties or learning difficulties, the ability to utilise strategies to support students in achieving learning goals and we require all applicants to hold minimum of grade C in GCSE Maths and English Language (or equivalent).
A full Job Description and Person Specification are available below.
Alongside our commitment to your professional and personal development, we also offer a generous benefits package including:
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible working and job share opportunities
- High street discounts
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Healthcare cash plan
- Discounted nursery
- Subsidised gym membership
- Free car parking
Applications may be reviewed and shortlisted upon receipt.
- The College is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff to share this commitment.
- Please note that all successful applicants will be required to undergo an enhanced background check conducted by the Disclosure & Barring Service prior to employment commencing.
- To apply for this role, please complete a college application form; these are located on the College Website https://www.moulton.ac.uk/work-for-us CV’s will not be considered. Alternatively please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.