Moulton College are seeking a passionate and dedicated Specialist Learning Support Assistant to help support students with High Needs in the School of Learning Support.
The main duties of the position are:
- The provision of high quality focussed learner support through improving study skills whilst accurately reporting on progress. This will include 1to1 learner support, keeping support log books, maintaining support logs in line with EHC Plans and SEND reforms in ensuring high standards in attendance, retention and in providing effective support intervention in supporting learners at risk. In addition to designated caseload in monitoring, supporting review process for learners with EHC Plans.
- The provision of 1:1 support for priority students ensuring they are retained on programmes and achieve success.
- The delivery of a range of learning activities under the direction of a Learning Support Tutor.
- The coaching and mentoring of new entrant Learning Support Assistants.
- Assisting with the identification of learning support needs with new learners.
Experience within a similar role is vital as is a formal qualification/training or interest in Autism.
Another requirement is experience of working with confidential information and knowledge of how to keep information safe.
Benefits of working at Moulton include, but not limited to:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- High street discounts
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Healthcare cash plan
- On site gym
- Free onsite parking
The College is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff to share this commitment.
Please note that all successful applicants will be required to undergo an enhanced background check conducted by the Disclosure & Barring Service prior to employment commencing.
Applications will be shortlisted on receipt so apply early to avoid disappointment.
To apply, please complete the attached application form at the bottom of the page or send a completed application form to email@example.com.