With access to an extensive arboretum, and acres of land including large specimen trees and ornamental shrubs, you’ll be in the best place to learn the essential skills to ensure you’re industry ready.
Our Arboriculture courses introduce you to a range of arboriculture methods, from identification, machine handling and Health and Safety to the practical and theoretical elements of forest management. With Arboriculture courses available at Level 2 and Level 3, you’ll have the opportunity to progress and expand your knowledge into conservation and management of trees.
Why choose Moulton?
Guided by our expert team of lecturers our Arboriculture courses will provide you with the opportunity to learn about the recreational strand of tree care, the science behind tree growth within different environments, and a number of skills including chainsaw use, tree felling operations and effective surveying techniques.
You will benefit from access to:
- 100 different species of specimen trees in our arboretum.
- An extensive college estate, with around 1,200 acres of land including woodlands, large specimen trees and ornamental shrubs.
- Specialist workshops for machinery maintenance.
- Specialist equipment including brushwood chippers, chainsaws, mobile elevated platforms and tree climbing ropes and harnesses.
- Areas of woodland on local estates to develop tree felling and woodland management skills.
- Off-site industry visits to learn about the sector first hand.