The Moulton College Corporation is a legal body set up under the Further and Higher Education Act 1992. The Corporation can also be referred to as a Board. The Board is a group of volunteers, also known as Members, who have been appointed to bring a wide range of skills and experience to the College’s most senior decision-making body.
The Board’s main responsibilities are to:
- Determine the educational character, mission, values and ethos of the College and oversee its activities.
- Approve the College’s quality strategy.
- Ensure effective management of resources so that the College remains solvent and its assets are safeguarded.
- Approve the annual estimates of income and expenditure.
- Agree the terms and conditions of the Principal, senior members of staff and the Clerk to the Corporation.
- Set a framework for the pay and conditions of service of all other staff.
Moulton College Corporation has 18 members including:
- 13 external members who have been appointed according to the skills and experience needed as well as from a range of occupations from the local area.
- Two staff governors and two student governors who have both been appointed following a formal interview or election process.
- The College Principal and Chief Executive.
“Moulton College has a bright future and we want to engage with a diverse a range of partners as we can on the next phase of our journey. If you are passionate about helping young people from all walks of life and can offer something, then please get in touch. We particularly want to hear from those who passionately support those who identify as having one of the protected characteristics. This might involve joining the Board, presenting to our staff or even mentoring students. We will leave no stone un-turned in ensuring our staff, students and governors are skilled and represent the breadth of the communities we serve here at Moulton College. If you feel you can add value to any or all of our existing skill sets, then please contact our Clerk to the Corporation."
For further information or if you have any queries, please contact the Clerk to the Corporation by telephone on 01604 491131, in writing to Moulton College, Moulton, Northampton, NN3 7RR or by e-mail – Geraldine.Hulley@moulton.ac.uk