The Moulton College Corporation is a legal body set up under the Further and Higher Education Act 1992. The Corporation can also be referred to as a Board. The Board is a group of volunteers, also known as Members, who have been appointed to bring a wide range of skills and experience to the College’s most senior decision-making body.
The Board’s main responsibilities are to:
- Determine the educational character, mission, values and ethos of the College and oversee its activities.
- Approve the College’s quality strategy.
- Ensure effective management of resources so that the College remains solvent and its assets are safeguarded.
- Approve the annual estimates of income and expenditure.
- Agree the terms and conditions of the Principal, senior members of staff and the Clerk to the Corporation.
- Set a framework for the pay and conditions of service of all other staff.
Moulton College Corporation has 18 members including:
- 13 external members who have been appointed according to the skills and experience needed as well as from a range of occupations from the local area.
- Two staff governors and two student governors who have both been appointed following a formal interview or election process.
- The College Principal and Chief Executive.
For further information, please contact the Clerk to the Corporation by telephone on 01604 491131, in writing to Moulton College, Moulton, Northampton, NN3 7RR or by e-mail – Geraldine.Hulley@moulton.ac.uk