Animal Welfare and Management is one of Moulton College’s most popular subject areas, and for students passionate about the well-being of animals, our courses offer a platform to progress into the areas of conservation, animal management or animal care.
Our courses introduce you to a range of animal care methods and science topics, from feeding and nutrition science, handling and behaviour to the practical and theoretical elements of animal health. With courses available from Levels 1 - 3 up to degree level courses, you’ll have the opportunity to progress and expand your knowledge into wildlife conservation and national and international animal ethics.
Why choose Moulton?
Guided by our expert staff and guest lecturers, you’ll access our Animal Welfare Centres, home to Northamptonshire’s biggest collection of animals. You’ll develop your husbandry and behavioural observation techniques, and learn from lecturers who have experience working with exotics, reptiles, mammals and companion animals – broadening your knowledge from their own expertise.
You could access:
- A purpose built Animal Welfare Centre
- An Animal Therapy Centre with grooming and canine hydrotherapy units
- The opportunity to complete work experience at the onsite commercial veterinary practice
- Commercial pet retail outlet
- Over 660 hectares of land with the opportunity to get involved in lambing, and horses
- Demonstration beef unit