With exam results approaching we know it can be a stressful time. We have put together our top tips on how to stay calm at this time of year! Make a plan. This way you will stay and remain organised.
- Plan you day or just your morning or evening. Feeling like you have achieved something that day will put you in a positive frame of mind.
- Get plenty of rest. Sleep is one of the most important aspects of our life, health and longevity and yet it is increasingly neglected in twenty-first-century society. Reclaim a full night of sleep. In doing so, you will improve your wellness and vitality.
- Don't go alone. Spending time with family and friends can be a perfect way to take your mind of things that might be worrying you. They will be able to offer advice, comfort and the perfect fun distraction.
- Exercise. By getting your heart-rate up and blood pumping you will release endorphins which will naturally boost your mood. You will also relieve your stress hormone – cortisol – calming your central nervous system. All with the added benefit of getting physically fitter too!
- Listening to music. Music is a great escape and with so many styles and tunes to choose from this will help your mind. We would recommend putting on some fun, upbeat music and letting yourself enjoy the moment.
- Yoga and Meditation. This will take practice but by shifting your focus to your physical body and breathing you will access a whole new level of calm. Focus on how great your body is, what it has achieved. If you don’t want to go to a class there are loads of amazing Youtube video practices that you can use to help guide you through.
- Reduce Your Caffeine Intake. There is a place for a good cup of tea and coffee, we completely agree with that. However if you have caffeine in huge excess this will elevate your stress hormone cortisol and stimulate the adrenal glands which will lead to increased feelings in anxiety.
- Remember – we are there for you too! If you have a question, big or small, we are always happy to help. Contact us on 01604 491131 or email firstname.lastname@example.org No matter what your results we will work with you to get you onto the best course option available. We are open for A-Level results day from 10am on 15th August. We are open for GCSE results day from 10am on the 22nd August. Come and see us and start your future at Moulton.