We know that exams can be a stressful time, but we are here to help you settle those nerves and perform at your very best ability. This page contains all the key information that you need to be prepared.
If you need Exam Access Arrangements (extra time, a small exam room, reader etc) please make sure that our Exams Team know so that they can make arrangements before the exam date.
If you have any questions or wish to speak to someone about exams our Exams Team are always happy to help! Send them an email or pop along to visit them at our Holcot Centre.
Examinations Summer 2020
As part of the measures taken to control the outbreak of the Covid-19 virus all main examinations scheduled to take place during the Summer term 2020 have been cancelled. Updated information on new dates for any rearranged examinations will be posted here as soon as we receive information from the relevant Awarding Bodies.
All main examinations scheduled to take place in Summer 2020 have been cancelled as part of the response to the Covid-19 outbreak. We will update with information on any additional and future exams as soon as we receive information from the relevant Awarding Bodies.
Please ensure that you bring the following to all of your exams at the College:
- Your College ID card
- At least 1 black pen and pencil
- A scientific calculator (if permitted)
- Water (this must be in a clear bottle without any labels)
- Arrive at least 20 minutes before the start time of your exam so that you can find your room and seat number,
- Any mobile phones, Smart watches, Bluetooth enabled devices / earphones must be switched off and left in your bag in the designated area.
- It is an Awarding Body requirement that you remove any head-wear for any exam. If it is worn for religious reasons, please speak to your Tutor or the Exams Officer before the day of your exam.
- The exam room temperature may vary so we recommend wearing layered clothing.
- Updates and reminders about exams will be sent to you via text message so please make sure that our Student Services Team have the correct mobile number for you.
Despite the current situation with Covid-19, the government has confirmed that exam results for GCSEs and Level 3 BTEC qualifications will still be published as follows:
- Level 3 BTEC Qualifications: Thursday 13 August 2020
- GCSEs: Thursday 20 August 2020
Any results will be sent direct to students via their College email account.
Notices for Candidates
Still have questions about exams?
Contact our Exams Team direct either by email or call on 01604 491131.