- design skills and knowledge
- knowledge of building and construction
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail
- knowledge of engineering science and technology
- knowledge of English language
- the ability to work well with others
- the ability to use your initiative
- ambition and a desire to succeed
- to be flexible and open to change
- to be able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device
Your duties could include:
- preparing technical information to plan projects
- collecting and reading technical data
- preparing plans using computer aided design (CAD) software
- preparing applications for approval by regulatory bodies
- developing specifications for building work
- giving technical advice to the project team
- visiting sites to check on progress
You could work on a construction site or in an office.
With experience you could work towards Associate or Affiliate membership of the Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists.
With further training, you could work towards becoming an architectural technologist.