- business management skills
- the ability to use your judgement and make decisions
- leadership skills
- customer service skills
- the ability to motivate and manage staff
- the ability to monitor your own performance and that of your colleagues
- financial management skills
- the ability to use your initiative
- knowledge of systems analysis and development
- to be able to use a computer and the main software packages competently
Your day-to-day duties may include:
- setting out the organisation’s aims and how it will meet them
- making decisions about the organisation’s priorities
- working closely with a senior management team to put policies in place
- managing relationships with partners
- making sure the organisation meets its legal obligations
- reporting to the organisation’s chairperson or owner
- promoting the organisation at conferences, events and in the media
- controlling budgets
You could work in an office.
Your working environment may be you'll travel often and emotionally demanding.
You could also work as a management consultant, advising clients on commercial strategy and policy.