- customer service skills
- to enjoy working with other people
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail
- excellent verbal communication skills
- the ability to sell products and services
- maths knowledge
- administration skills
- active listening skills
- the ability to work well with others
- to be able to use a computer and the main software packages competently
Your day-to-day tasks may include:
- dealing with customer orders and giving rental quotes
- showing customers how to operate equipment safely
- advising customers on which equipment is best for their needs
- processing orders and handling payments
- putting orders together and organising deliveries
- monitoring stock levels
- checking equipment is safe to use
- keeping hire records up to date
You may need to wear a uniform.
You could work at a store, in a contact centre or on a construction site.
Your working environment may be outdoors some of the time.
You could become a store supervisor then manager. You could also move into equipment servicing or do training to work as a construction plant engineer.
You can find out more about working in construction equipment hire from Go Construct.Powered by Pathways.