- knowledge of English language
- analytical thinking skills
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail
- excellent verbal communication skills
- the ability to use your initiative
- excellent written communication skills
- the ability to sell products and services
- business management skills
- customer service skills
- to be able to use a computer and the main software packages competently
As a digital marketer, you'll look after different digital products. Your day-to-day tasks will include:
- working with clients and other marketing professionals
- updating and creating content that is search engine optimised (SEO)
- looking at website data to discover ways for improving and tracking the success and failure of campaigns
- writing and posting content with images on social media platforms
- drafting and publishing content for online campaigns
- producing content for e-newsletters and other forms of communication
- working with web designers to create images and video content for campaigns
You could work in an office or at a client's business.
With experience, you could specialise in a particular type of digital marketing, like mobile or video marketing.
You could become a senior digital marketing officer or head of online marketing. You could also work as a freelance digital marketing consultant, or move into related areas like advertising, sales, e-commerce or public relations.