- knowledge of economics and accounting
- business management skills
- maths knowledge
- analytical thinking skills
- financial management skills
- leadership skills
- the ability to use your initiative
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail
- thinking and reasoning skills
- to be able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device
Your day-to-day duties could include:
- recording financial transactions on computer systems
- producing financial forecasts
- dealing with payroll, invoices, expenses and VAT
- carrying out financial audits
- creating monthly, quarterly and annual budget reports
- presenting report findings to finance managers
You could work in an office.
With experience, you could become a senior finance officer or finance manager, or train to become an accountant.
You can find out more about careers in finance from The London Institute of Banking and Finance.Data from National Careers Service.