- customer service skills
- the ability to work well with others
- sensitivity and understanding
- patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- the ability to accept criticism and work well under pressure
- excellent verbal communication skills
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail
- business management skills
- administration skills
- to be able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device
Your day-to-day duties might include:
- setting up, dismantling and maintaining equipment
- making sure areas and facilities are clean
- selling tickets and making reservations
- dealing with enquiries on reception
- selling food and drink
You may need to wear a uniform.
You could work at a fitness centre.
With experience and further qualifications, you could become a supervisor or manager. You could also move into fitness instructing, lifeguarding or sports coaching.