- the ability to sell products and services
- excellent verbal communication skills
- the ability to use your initiative
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail
- leadership skills
- maths knowledge
- business management skills
- customer service skills
- knowledge of English language
- to be able to use a computer and the main software packages confidently
Your day-to-day tasks could include:
- creating marketing and social media strategies and guidelines
- managing a team of marketing executives
- planning and managing the launch of new products and services
- setting budgets, targets and timelines
- overseeing and approving campaign content and communications
- working with in-house or outside agencies to produce successful campaigns
- organising and attending events to meet new and existing clients
- reporting on the effectiveness of campaigns
You could work in an office or at a client's business.
With experience, you could become a regional manager or marketing director. You could also become a brand or account director.
Another option is to work as a freelance marketing consultant.
You can find out more about marketing careers from The Chartered Institute of Marketing and the The Institute of Data and Marketing.Powered by Pathways.