- customer service skills
- the ability to accept criticism and work well under pressure
- the ability to sell products and services
- the ability to use your initiative
- persistence and determination
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail
- ambition and a desire to succeed
- excellent verbal communication skills
- knowledge of English language
- to be able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device
Your day-to-day duties could include:
- scouting for new and talented athletes and players at sports matches and events
- finding opportunities with organisations for athletes and players
- managing your client’s marketing and endorsement activities
- representing your client if there’s a dispute with the organisation that employs them
- acting as a media spokesperson for your client
- handling contract and salary packages
- supporting your clients during times of personal difficulty, loss of form or when they're under pressure
You could work on a sports field, from home, at a sports arena or in an office.
Your working environment may be outdoors some of the time and you'll travel often.
With experience and contacts, you could set up your own sports agency.