- knowledge of teaching and the ability to design courses
- customer service skills
- the ability to work on your own
- leadership skills
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail
- the ability to come up with new ways of doing things
- patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- excellent verbal communication skills
- knowledge of English language
- to be able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device
Your day-to-day duties may include:
- designing course and lesson plans for a range of abilities
- teaching a wide range of simple and complex yoga positions
- adapting positions for conditions like pregnancy or arthritis
- teaching breathing habits
- assessing your students
- reviewing your own courses and teaching skills
You could work at a fitness centre or at a health centre.
With experience you could run your own yoga workshops, yoga retreats, or holidays.
You may be able to train as a yoga therapist or take further qualifications to train yoga teachers.