For students passionate about equine care, riding, therapy, management and science our variety of equine courses offer you the opportunity to develop your knowledge and gain invaluable experience to progress into the areas of equine management and industry.
Our equine courses introduce you to a range of equine care methods, from feeding, handling, riding and behaviour to the practical and theoretical elements of equine therapy, equine health and management. With equine courses available from Levels 1 – 3 up to degree level courses, you’ll have the opportunity to progress and expand your knowledge into the equine industry, with employability at the core of our equestrian course teaching and learning.
Why choose Moulton?
On our equine courses you'll be guided by our expert staff and guest lecturers. Our equine courses will allow you access to our Equine Centre and Equine Therapy Centre, a commercially working centre of excellence, where you will have the opportunity to complete work experience. Through our equines courses you’ll develop your knowledge of the equine industry, care and management of competition horses, and learn from lecturers who have experience working in the industry.
All our equestrian course students are supported by a positive teaching and learning environment with highly qualified staff, guest speakers, lecturer demonstrations, trips and study tours.
You could access:
- 60m x 40m indoor riding arena with spectator seating and judges’ area
- Cross country training paddock
- Stabling for up to 60 horses and outdoor riding arenas
- On-site equine veterinary practice
- Equine Hydrotherapy Centre comprising of a Water treadmill, pool and spa with solarium and weigh bridge.
- Lecturers who are sector specialists, with extensive work experience in all areas of equine.
- BHS Challenge Awards and training for BHS Exams
Please note that for the welfare of our horses there is a 13 stone weight limit for riding.